Borough of Colwyn Borough of Colwyn


Does the Borough of Colwyn offer use of Borough Hall?
Not at the present time.  However our Fire Department Station #92 located at 3rd and Spruce does offer hall rental.  Contact the Fire Company after 7 PM on most nights.

Can a resident request the use of Bosacco Park for an event?
Yes, applications for using Bosacco Park for events can be picked up during regular business hours, 9AM – 3PM daily. Use of the park is limited from April through August.

Does the Borough recycle?
Colwyn Borough recently started Curbside Single Stream Recycling.  Please place your recyclables outside for pick up by 6:00 AM every Wednesday.  Items can all be placed in one trash  container – glass, plastic, aluminum, paper, cardboard.  Please click on the links below to see the flyer from Suburban Waste with more information.  




We also still are using our recycling area  found at John Bosacco Park located at 101 Pine Street. At the present time, all aluminum, plastic, metal and glass is collected in the igloo provided. The green and yellow dumpsters hold paper recycling – this includes junk mail, school papers, newspapers, soft cover books, and cardboard.  

Are permits required for sidewalk replacement, roofs, decks, construction?
The Borough code officials will help you determine if permits are required. Generally speaking, any digging on your property (replacing sidewalks, repair of sewer lines), roof replacement or major work will require a permit.